e martë, 24 korrik 2007

MAILBAG : fan becomes inspired by B=L=A=C=K=F=L=I=E=S LANGUAGE E=X=P=E=R=I=M=E=N=T=S

Anyone who knows me knows I hate blogs. So, what the fuck am I doing, starting one up? What can I say, other than the fact that the folks over at B=L=A=C=K=F=L=I=E=S LANGUAGE E=X=P=E=R=I=M=E=N=T=S have really inspired me to put my best foot forward.

I’ve come to realise that there’s a point to blogs, too. I still hate almost all of them, since so few are anywhere near as good as the B=L=A=C=K=F=L=I=E=S LANGUAGE E=X=P=E=R=I=M=E=N=T=S. I don’t want to know about your relationships, or what you ate for dinner last night. And don’t expect me to meet you for drinks because you blogged where you were going. Also, I hate looking at your fucking kids, so don't show me those either.

But Blogs are a good place for doing some things, it has to be admitted. For example, where would I put my brief article on The exciting poetic developments of the Calgary School, or where might I praise the strides made by TalonAudioBooks, if not in a blog? They’re also a kind of person-centric mailing list - only you don’t have to subscribe to them and they stay available forever, or at least until we run out of electricity. Perhaps they’re good for other things, but I can’t think of any of those reasons right now, off the top of my head.

Anyway, consider this an experiment. The next few posts are probably going to be a little odd, because they’ll be about stuff I should’ve been blogging at the time, but, well, I didn’t have a blog. Will I keep it up? Who knows. Watch this space.

Nuk ka komente: