e enjte, 5 korrik 2007

DID NOT KNOW 8-TRACK HAD BEEN DISCONTINUED?



You’ve heard of the Four Horsemen and the Lettristonistas — but wait until you hear the Plaid Poodles! The new comedy hit FOREVER POODLES follows The Poodles, a fictional 1970’s boy band, who have been miraculously brought together for one last performance on the sideshow stage at Lollapalooza outside Albuquerque in 1991. This quartet of high-school chums' earnest dreams of recording an album had ended in death (literally and indeed, symbolically) by collision with a bus filled with underage Catholic schoolgirls on their way to see Black Sabbath's American debut on The Sonny And Cher Show. The play begins with the Poodles returning from the grave for one final chance at musical glory. At the curtain's close, the lads from FOREVER POODLES will leave you with a song in your heart as they give their all performing hit after hit, including: All Go Gangster Back Door Boogie, Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb?, Careful with That Axe, Eugene, Pre-Teen Peach Picking Time in Georgia, When I Had But Fiddy Cents In My Crib, How Can I Miss You When You Won't Stay Dead? and many many others. With brilliant harmonies, outlandish choreography, and witty humor FOREVER POODLES will put a smile on everyone’s face, including Maggie Helwig's, and that indeed says a lot.

Music AND Libretto by Stuart Ross. (sorry, 8 track cassettes all sold out.)

I believe that if [Stuart Ross] was still alive and working in the neglected genre of Musical Comedy, and writing the exact same stuff as he's been turning out for years, he could possibly be rich and famous for a fortnight, something I happen to think he would enjoy very much as it might very well lead to a teensy weesy blowjob (except he's dead but as we all know there is no shortage of sisters of mercy for the dead - York turns out a bunch every year and frankly just tell them he's bp) Anyway he could be famous for fourteen mintues, well, maybe more famous than me I mean, or maybe only more famous than Paul Vermeersch, but you know, come to think of it, Paul's pretty darn respected around here, and he's got that plum job with Insomniac that anyone would envy and that might be hard to beat? I don't know, I guess I have to admit Ross' libretto made me laugh once or twice, the man can be funny, I think that's what I'm driving at. Also, can't fail to mention that the Ho-Ho's the theatre provided at the intermezzo were not bad for edible oil products. (They were better than the Twinkies served at Mistress Angela Rawling's extremely flat production of Porgy and Bess (a mock send up of a classic punch and judy show rife with rank cliche through and through which premiered last month at the Bata Shoe Museum)). Anyhoo, if you've nothing better to do for an afternoon and you've already seen all the summer blockbusters about comic books, I highly recommend you check FOREVER POODLES out. - George MacMurray, #2 Son of my 3 Sons.

Nuk ka komente: