e premte, 14 shtator 2007

buy bigger houses





Unloading the washer


I saw the mate to my sock



Called my friend Shelly.


“Do you suppose that Lost Socks put me on!?”


I wasn’t buying into Shelly’s Socks

get bored he insisted


and want a fresh start


get tired of stinky hoes


who wander in search of carving freedom they go on the lam.


They creep out of their agitated spins


leaving half a pair wet, and alone.



What does a sock do


when away from his shoes,


and new to the singles scene?


He parties hard, and hits on


other socks on the run


while his wife sleeps pondering life’s meaning


from inside a dank boot it’s fresh air cooler



Well her yarn did make sense,


I didn’t like losing my stuff.


But to seek something better is the Canadian way,


though it’s so hard to part with my sock!!!


Dennis Lee and Margaret Atwood ©

Nuk ka komente: